Friday, September 01, 2006

Friendship

I decided to post some quotes about friendship since it is definitely an everyday part of our lives. Recently, I have been trying to connect to people I know better and turn some of my relationships, or acquaintances, into friendships by either incorporating tactics of old, such as the potluck the other night, or doing things I am not necessarily prone to doing. It seems to be working, so far. I have also been trying to reconnect with friends with whom I have not spoken to in a while. Things like the potluck (which I will post about soon) remind me of lost or interrupted friendships that need some mending and attention. Anyway, I was tired of posting pics everytime and wanted to rant, so I found some quotes I thought relevant to the subject. Of course, some pics will be coming soon (Taylor!).

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
Carl Jung
Swiss psychologist (1875 - 1961)

You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
Dale Carnegie

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
First president of US (1732 - 1799)

It's a lot like nature. You only have as many animals as the ecosystem can support and you only have as many friends as you can tolerate the bitching of.
Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 08-16-05

There isn’t much better in this life than finding a way to spend a few hours in conversation with people you respect and love. You have to carve this time out of your life because you aren’t really living without it.
Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, August 27, 2003
Anonymous author of RealLivePreacher.com

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Unknown, (often attributed to Albert Camus)
Quotations by unknown authors

No comments: